Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July

We are home once again. We have been gone since the 3rd of July. We went to Okabena for the 4th of July. We went to the parade. My Dad, Vern, and my uncle Verl were in the parade. Verl is the Commander of the Legion in Okabena and my Dad is the Commander for SAL (Sons of American Legion). After the parade we hit the park where they have foodstands and games, etc. Connor and Izzabelle rode the train in the park after the parade. I rode with them since my sister, Bon, said she couldn't sit in the small car with her pregnant belly. :) So I was nominated. We rode around the tennis court pulled by the Okabena train that has been around since I can remember. First time I ever remember actually riding in the train. Izzabelle tried her luck at the fish pond with the help of Grandma. She got a pink clapper thing and was pretty excited. That night we watched the fireworks from the ball field in Okabena. Mark and I and Connor sat in the outfield on our blanket. Wasn't sure how Connor was going to take the fireworks, but he did pretty well. He sat on Mark's lap and watched them pretty closely and then after a while I laid him on his back next to Mark and he watched them from laying down while drinking his bottle. No crying or screaming or anything. I was kinda surprised.

No comments: