Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Connor's new bed

This past Saturday we took down Connor's crib and put up his new "big boy bed". He was all for it when I asked him and he started chucking all his blankets and animals out of his crib. It didn't take too long and we had the new bed all up and running. So far he has done pretty good napping and sleeping in it. Although he has bonked his head a few times on the footboard already. Not sure how, but I think when he's climbing out or something. He has tried to escape a few times from napping and going to bed, but we just keep putting him back in there and eventually he goes to sleep. Last night was another story. He was up at 3:00am and was convinced he wasn't going back to bed. I ended up laying with him in his bed, otherwise he wasn't going down. And he didn't want his pillow and he wanted all his animals in his bed. Finally I convinced him that I needed to go sleep in my big bed since his was too small. He asked me to shut the door on my way out....and that was it. He woke up at 8:30am this morning. Maybe that's the trick, we just need to keep his door shut all night. I hope he does better tonight. I'm sure it will take a little getting used to since he is used to being confined to his crib and sleeping on his belly with no pillow. He has done pretty well considering, except for last night. Connor celebrating his new freedom.

Putting all his stuffed friends that were in his crib on his new bookshelf. They didn't last long there as they are all in his bed now. And every one has to be accounted for before he can go to sleep. If there is one missing, it has to be found before he can go to sleep. UGH!

No comments: