Monday, February 9, 2009

Making Krub and Doughnuts

This past Saturday we met Mark's brother, Adam, and his wife, Becky, and daughter, Ali at Mark's Dad's house. They wanted to learn how to make Krub (a Norwegian specialty that Mark's Grandma used to make). We asked Mark's Great Aunt, Arla, if she would come over and help with the recipe and cooking. She also brought along her recipe for homemade doughnuts. Since there were enough hands in the kitchen, I was the photographer.

Arla and Adam mixing up the potatoes for the krub.
Making the patties and putting the pork inside Mark's Dad, Myron, putting the krub into the boiling water. Boiling for 1 hour
Myron taking them out already

Mark testing the final product. Passed inspection. Both he and Adam said they tasted just like they remember their Grandma making. I think they each had like 4 or 5.Connor trying the krub. He ate up quite a few pieces so they must have passed his inspection too.
Sister-in-law, Becky, making doughnuts
Niece, Ali, cutting out the doughnuts Adam frying doughnuts
The finished product. Very tasty. I dipped mine in a little sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, that is SO awesome! Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I would have done that with my mom or my grandma, to learn how to make things that only they seemed to know how. I'll bet Mark's mom was smiling down that day! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a good time making both the krub and the doughnuts! Yum! Looks like good cookin' and eatin' :)

Crystal